Your Future is Bright
We are always looking to connect with other passionate professionals in the construction industry. If you are interested in collaborating or brainstorming — or would like to find out more about our work, please visit our contact page, we’d love to hear from you.
Student of Architecture (Co-Op Program)View Details
This is a full-time position for 4 months, starting in January 2020, and ending April 2020, with the possibility of an extension for another 4 months. It is offered with wage subsidy from ECO Canada. The student must be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident, or have Refugee status. Students on a work permit or visa are not eligible. See Eco Canada for more information.
The student is expected to complete the following duties while employed with RPK:
- Prepare schematic design documentation including but not limited to studies, drawings, virtual and physical models implementing sustainable technologies
- Work together within a team to assist on all other construction documentation through all phases of design, with a focus on coordination of novel systems/ approaches to achieving triple bottom line sustainability
- Assist senior staff with LEED application processes
- Currently enrolled in an accredited Masters of Architecture program
- Experience with Revit, Rhino, Sketch-Up, Photoshop, InDesign, and Microsoft Office required
- Experience with AutoCAD is an asset
- Knowledge of the Alberta Building Code and City of Edmonton Bylaws is an asset
- Experience in the construction industry is an asset
Skills, Strengths, and Interests:
- Ability to work closely with senior staff in a collaborative setting
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Superb organizational skills and a keen eye for detail
- Willingness to learn
- Enthusiastic and passionate about both the natural and built environment
Applications must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a cover letter, resume, and portfolio. Applications missing the required information will not be considered.
For further information, please see the attached: Job Posting for Student – Winter 2020Apply now