The Prince of Wales Armouries Heritage Centre was built in 1915 and renovated to house the City of Edmonton Archives in 1991. Both a Municipal and a Provincial Historic Resource, the performance of the facility is declining due to aging of systems and components.

RPK was tasked with rehabilitating the facility, and has proposed a sensitive approach to the proposed rehabilitation, respecting all Character Defining Elements, and following guidance from national, provincial and municipal heritage guidelines. RPK’s work includes preparing a historic building record, assessing the current conditions, development of a conservation plan and the design and construction of high priority rehabilitation scope items.